Sunday, October 24, 2010

Concept designs for" Project Otto"

Since my puppet's name is the only unchanging part of this stop-motion project, I decided it was fitting to start calling it "Project Otto." So anyway, I have made a few preliminary/rough designs for the set.

The exterior shot of the observatory. I like the idea of melding rural and industrial--metals and woods. The dome is metal, along with the vertical lines down the building. The doors and windows are wood. The rest is a stucco (or just cement-ish, white texture.).

On Otto's desk: a gold beaker, an ink bottle, a journal and a dip pen. His desk and chair will be basic wooden furniture. Again, I'm going for this metal/wood contrast (his telescope will be metal)
A rough idea of the interior of the observatory. I'm still working it out in terms of how much you will see and what is needed.
The left portion of the interior. This is more of a workshop area where he's been working on his rocket. The thing on the left is the bottom of the rocket, it won't actually show through, but the idea is that it is attached to the side of the observatory (so he can work on it without leaving!).
A rough idea of what the telescope will look like:
The rocket ship! Sort of an extension of his observatory. The control center where he sits is in the bottom tier. This is also for the exterior shot. It will be miniature and I'll make a separate interior set.
The interior of the rocket:
I am still playing with angles and how much of it we will see, but as far as what is inside of it and what materials, I am set on doing something along the lines of that steampunk picture of the gadgets and whistles on the wood wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment